FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the purpose of Responsible Business Fund’s (RBF) Call for Proposals?
The purpose of RBF’s ‘Call for Proposals’ is to identify SMEs that are interested in investing in one or more ‘Responsible Business Practices’ within the 7 Areas, that are not normally undertaken by other businesses in the Country/State/Region/Township. Such SMEs can receive Grant support up to a maximum of 800 Lakhs Kyat from RBF.
2. What are the 6 areas that qualify for RBF Grant support in 5th Call for proposal?
The 6 Areas that RBF is interested in providing Grant support in 5th call for proposal:
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
- Waste to Value
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Food Safety
- Waste Water Treatment
3. Are the Grants repayable like a Bank Loan?
No, RBF support is a Grant from the Government of Denmark and not repayable
4. Can I apply RBF grant to expand my business?
RBF cannot support any funding needs that you may have for capacity expansion and working capital requirements. RBF can provide Grants only if the proposed Project is clearly able to demonstrate a new technology/practice in one of the above-mentioned 6 areas.
5. How do I figure out if I have a Project idea that qualifies for RBF Grant support?
You are welcome to contact RBF Office by email at [email protected] ; or by phone at: 09424323868 (during working hours from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday). RBF Staff will be happy to discuss your project ideas and provide advice for your consideration.
6. I am interested in RBF 5th call for proposal, what should I do?
For 5th call for proposal, RBF Myanmar is conducting the weekly online webinar sessions. Please go to RBF Myanmar Facebook Page for the details of the webinar session. You could also contact RBF Myanmar team to have one to one meeting.
7. I have already received grant support from RBF in previous call for proposal, is my business eligible to apply for RBF grant again in 5th call?
If you have already received grant support from RBF, there is very little chance for your project idea to be approved by RBF board for grant support.