WHAT IS ( RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS FUND ) RBF?
RBF Myanmar is a part of Development Assistance from Denmark to Myanmar. Denmark has been a pioneer in helping several countries in Asia and Africa to leverage local private sector abilities to deliver ‘economic’ and ‘environmental’ development results in a sustainable manner. RBF Myanmar is a ‘Challenge Fund’ to promote responsible business practices of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Myanmar. The main objective of RBF Myanmar is to “increase the competitiveness and responsible behavior of Myanmar enterprises” by providing partial grants to SMEs for the implementation of projects with a potential to demonstrate ‘Responsible Technologies/Business Practices’ RBF was established in August 2017 and has disbursed MMK 14.8 Billion. Denmark plans to provide an additional MMK 5 billion RBF for 5th Call for Proposals opening from 4th January 2021 to 27th January 2021 to support SMEs under the following 6 Eligible Areas: 1.Energy Efficiency; 2.Water Efficiency; 3.Waste to Value;4.Occupational Safety & Health; 5.Food Safety; 6.Waste Water Treatment;
Millions of MMK
Grant support for SMEs approved till date.
Numbers of Projects
RBF Grant support has been approved by RBF Board.
Millions of MMK
Still available for SMEs to seek Grant support from RBF.
Number of States & Regions
Of Myanmar in which the RBF supported SMEs/Projects are located.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE RBF?
- Potential to demonstrate the ‘business case’ for a responsible investment/practice in one of six eligible areas
- Registered in Myanmar and is an SME with 600 or less permanent staff or has less than 1 billion Kyat in paid-up capital
- Operational for a minimum of two years and can show externally audited accounts for the most recent year
- Not operating in excluded sectors (hard liquor, gambling, tobacco, weapons, internationally recognized exclusion list)
- Not received RBF grant support through the earlier ‘calls for proposals’
- Well prepared for the proposed project in terms of: technology identification; supplier shortlisting and raising finances to complete project before April 2022
- Proposed Project -‘Responsible Technology/Business Practice’ has not already been implemented by other businesses in your locality/district. If RBF has already approved grant support for a similar project in your locality/district/township, RBF Board will not approve grant support for your project.
( Area 1,2,3)
Grant support (Up to 30% of the Project cost – Max. of MMK 80 million for each SME
Area 1- Energy Efficiency
Area 2- Water Efficiency
Area 3- Waste to Value
TYPES OF RBF PARTICIPANTS
Any SME that has a Business License for at least 2 years and is interested in investing in a new responsible business practice.
Any Consultant / Expert / Technician, with experience in conducting Feasibility Studies and preparing Bankable Proposals to support SMEs raise Grants or Loans, in particular for responsible business investments.
Any Supplier of Equipment or Training & Technical Services that facilitate new responsible business investments by SMEs and would like such projects as ‘Demonstrations’ to develop the market for their new Technologies/Equipment/Services.